A Suitcase Full Of Apologies
Monday, November 23, 2015
I'm still alive, I swear.
And I'm very sorry for being an awful blogger this last month. I'll repay you all in endless cups of coffee and shower you in compliments for being gorgeous humans inside and out.
What happened, you asked? Well...life.
As you know, this past month I've been running around jolly old England. I tried so hard to update, I really did. Seriously- ask my boyfriend. I was fully devoted to blogging it up all month, and was really excited to do it. I honestly didn't mean to leave you hanging.
But then somewhere along the way I realized that I was spending far too much time stealing Cafe Nero's wifi and writing in my pjs under the duvet. I was in London, my favorite city in the world, and what was I doing besides staring at my computer screen?
As much as I love this little blog, I didn't take this trip for The Unlatched Suitcase. I made the trek across the pond to clear my mind, figure out what I want to do, and most of all, make out with my boyfriend because I only get to do that a few times a year. And he's cute. And London is too pretty to be cooped up in a flat, working on a blog that's about getting out there and exploring.
Once I got out of the "I need to blog about this" mindset, I started enjoying myself so much more. I didn't focus on what my next post would be, or worry about taking blog worthy photos. I pushed all of that aside and just started living, and it was wonderful.
How you other bloggers out there do it, I have no idea! I have so much respect for your prioritizing and organization and basically your ability to both participate in life and blog at the same time. I obviously need some practice!
But now I'm back and I'm feeling rejuvenated and ready to crack on with it! Don't worry- I'm not going anywhere. Let's do it together, armed with those cups of coffee I promised you and compliments on the tip of my tongue.
Thanks for sticking with me through the ups and downs. You're all seriously the absolute best.
Now who's ready for Thanksgiving because nom nom nom. Give me those endless mashed potatoes and that pumpkin pie, stat.
Until next time. xx
And I'm very sorry for being an awful blogger this last month. I'll repay you all in endless cups of coffee and shower you in compliments for being gorgeous humans inside and out.
What happened, you asked? Well...life.
As you know, this past month I've been running around jolly old England. I tried so hard to update, I really did. Seriously- ask my boyfriend. I was fully devoted to blogging it up all month, and was really excited to do it. I honestly didn't mean to leave you hanging.
But then somewhere along the way I realized that I was spending far too much time stealing Cafe Nero's wifi and writing in my pjs under the duvet. I was in London, my favorite city in the world, and what was I doing besides staring at my computer screen?
As much as I love this little blog, I didn't take this trip for The Unlatched Suitcase. I made the trek across the pond to clear my mind, figure out what I want to do, and most of all, make out with my boyfriend because I only get to do that a few times a year. And he's cute. And London is too pretty to be cooped up in a flat, working on a blog that's about getting out there and exploring.
Once I got out of the "I need to blog about this" mindset, I started enjoying myself so much more. I didn't focus on what my next post would be, or worry about taking blog worthy photos. I pushed all of that aside and just started living, and it was wonderful.
How you other bloggers out there do it, I have no idea! I have so much respect for your prioritizing and organization and basically your ability to both participate in life and blog at the same time. I obviously need some practice!
But now I'm back and I'm feeling rejuvenated and ready to crack on with it! Don't worry- I'm not going anywhere. Let's do it together, armed with those cups of coffee I promised you and compliments on the tip of my tongue.
Thanks for sticking with me through the ups and downs. You're all seriously the absolute best.
Now who's ready for Thanksgiving because nom nom nom. Give me those endless mashed potatoes and that pumpkin pie, stat.
Until next time. xx
0 comments